2012 D-Star Day Agenda
Saturday, January 28, 2012
D-Star Day on site coordinator - Joe Vaccaro, W3JTV
D-Star Day moderator - Tim Duffy, K3LR
8:00 – Continental Breakfast
9:00 – Welcome from Atlantic Wireless Society and ARRL Atlantic Division Director - Bill Edgar, N3LLR
9:15 – D-STAR basics – the K3AWS system overview – setup and operation by Barney Scholl, K3LA
10:00 – D-STAR and digital communications for Emergency, ARES and RACES by Larry Keller, AB3ER
11:00 – D-STAR / D-RATS by John Davis, WB4QDX
12:00 – Box Lunch
1:00 – ICOM America presents D-STAR by Ray Novak, N9JA
2:00 – Presentation on DVAP and DV Dongle by Robin Cutshaw, AA4RC
3:00 – Field trip to the K3LR station (6 minutes away from the Park Inn)
- All presentations will be in the BRISTOL room (9 AM to noon ---- 1 PM to 3 PM)
- Rag Chew and club tables in the MANCHESTER Room (8 AM to 4 PM) -- see below for more details on these tables and how you can reserve one.
- Continental Breakfast and Box Lunch in BRISTOL and MANCHESTER rooms -- included in Registration.
- Contact the Park Inn for special D-STAR Day room rates for Friday and Saturday night.
- Pre D-STAR Day get together will be on Friday night at the Quaker Steak and Lube (10 minutes drive from the Park Inn) in downtown Sharon – 7:30 PM.
- $18.00 per person to register to attend D-STAR day. Includes Continental Breakfast and Box Lunch.
- Reserved “club” tables (all day) are available (in addition to registration fees) in the MANCHESTER room – for $10.00 per table (round with 8 chairs).